[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Royal Sussex Ladies Dinner Association

Posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Mon, Jul 31 2017 at 11:45 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: Royal Sussex Ladies Dinner Association posted by RossP on Mon, Jul 31 2017 at 07:21 AM CDT:

: Dear all,

: I am terribly sorry that I got it all so wrong, what I thought the The Royal Sussex Regimental Association stood for.

: I did believe (wrongly) that one had to enlist in the Royal Sussex Regiment to become a member of the association,at least that was what I was led to believe in the early 60s, now I find from the Colonel's post, that any service person, waif or stray, can become a member if their association is not in Sussex. I didn't think it was a simple question of proximity as Doug Jones,Mario Buttigieg, Joe Armeni, Gerry McMahon, and many many others around Britain, travel vast distances to attend the reunion.

: Again, I am sorry that I misinterpreted the meaning of Royal Sussex Regimental Association Reunion dinner.

: Ross

I ought to have known that after 50 years or more one should not attempt to mince words with Ross - he's too good a communicator.

It's the Branches that can recruit suitable ex-servicemen as members to help them out with their Remembrance, social and benevolence issues, and those that want to, can come to the Dinner. If you do a head-count at Lewes, as you know when each of the Battalions stand up, the vast majority are ex-Royal Sussex.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]