[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Regimental ladies dinner

Posted by on Sun, Jul 30 2017 at 12:43 AM CDT:

Firstly I'd like to thank alll ladies married to a soldier whatever the cap badge. Because without you we couidnt have done our job. You deserve all the plaudits you get and I hope you enjoy your dinner.
I do believe though that Dave Tilley has a point. Girl marries a soldier in January 1967. He is in uniform dressed as a queens man 3 weeks earlier he was a royal sussex soldier now she,s dufferent
As for my earlier post let me take you to Belize 1986 not the 77 tour of spearhead company etc the second tour in 86. Some 20 years after we changed our cap badge. Quebec day 1986 probably the last time the regimental tie was worn.
Most of you on this site had gone there were a few left we were proud of our history and tried very hard to keep up the traditions of the royal Sussex regiment.
Please remember all that have served including wives that supported us deserve respect
TT thanks for your comment but am due fir surgery in September. I had my left knee replaced last September and this year it's the right knee.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]