[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

St.Leonards Veterans Association HSVA

Posted by Tony T for Bob Bumpstead on Mon, Jul 17 2017 at 04:57 PM CDT:

Ladies and gentlemen,
I received this email when I got home from work.
I'm sorry it's short notice but if you can please attend as it is important to honour such brave men of our borough.
the event at the old St Helen's church was a resounding success, for which I thank you.
Bob
Take care folks

Dear Members & Honorary Members of the Hastings & St.Leonards Veterans Association HSVA,

Please find attached a) the most recent update to our Events & Activities Calendar, covering July & August, b) an extract from the Hastings
Observer, dated 4th November 2016. In particular, please note the following draft ‘order of play’ below from Mr Peter Silk, who has taken over from Cllr.Andy Patmore, and is organising the Commemoration including the unveiling of a Blue Plaque at 447 Bexhill Road:

CLAUDE NUNNEY VC DCM MM COMMEMORATION
19th July 2017.
DRAFT ORDER OF PLAY

Approx. times
12.30 Hastings & St Leonards Veterans Association ( HSVA) will muster.
12.45 Mayor of Hastings arrives and met by Peter Silk
12.50 HSVA Chairman will call Parade to order.

1.00 Peter Silk will welcome the guests and will give the back ground to the commemoration , Military background and Child Migration.
1.10 Tim Nunney will read the letter from Judy Neville, President , Ontario East British Home Child Family
1.15 HSVA Chairman will call the Parade to attention. Standards will be raised.
1.15 The Right Worshipful Mayor of Hastings, Councillor Judy Rogers, will unveil the Blue Plaque
1.20 HSVA Chairman will Invite all present to join in saluting when Standards are lowered.
HSVA will deliver the Exhortation.
This will be followed by a minutes silence.
Matt Ford, ex Cameron Highlanders of Canada will deliver the Epitaph.
1.30 "March off the Queen's Colour" Fallout the other Standard Bearers and Parade will be dismissed.
1.30 Ceremony will finish.

#447 is a bungalow on the seaward side of Bexhill Road, just east of the turn-off on the landward side, which leads to the Recycling Centre and Dump (and the Wyvale Garden Centre). Bexhill Road is very busy at the best of times, including the time that the Commemoration is being held. Parking in Bexhill Road itself is usually limited: for those travelling by car and do not mind a short walk to 447 at the end of your journey, please consider parking in the (free) public car park, opposite the main entrance to the Wyvale Garden Centre.

Kind Regards
Richard Butcher
Chairman, HSVA

TT foe BB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: