[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Need to Know.

Posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Sun, Apr 16 2017 at 04:07 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Need to Know. posted by Tony T on Sun, Apr 16 2017 at 12:39 PM CDT:

: ORDERS

: On my retirement from the Military, I opened a file for my wife titled: ‘WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF MY DEATH.’ In it, I enclosed instructions on what she has to do on my death. The instructions I placed in a yellow folder, so as to make it easy to recognise Please feel free to copy or improve what I have done to help that person. What, is going to be a sad and difficult time for your loved ones, possibly not for some. This is only a guide and nothing else.

: For my wife, I have written a short letter to each of the addresses below of my death. With instructions that she has to sign and date each letter and enclose a copy of my death certificate, I included with each letter a stamped addressed envelope. Note: your letters must contain your National Insurance Number and military service number.

: If you are in receipt of a war pension of 80% or more at the time of your death you are entitled to help with funeral expensive. To make a claim for war widows pension one has to make a claim to receive it. However, for a normal military pension, you do not have to make a claim. Your spouse will receive from the date of your death, 108 days of your pension at the full rate and thereafter 50% or 2 thirds depending on how you opted out of the NIC scheme.

: Your letter must be sent to the following:

: MOD
: Personnel Records
: Kentigern House
: 65 Brown Square
: Glasgow
: G28EX

: SP&VA
: Norcross
: Thornton-Cleveleys
: Lancs
: FY5 3WP

: Equinity Paymaster
: Sunderland Road
: Crawley
: West RH10 1UH

: The Pension Service 5
: Mail handling Site A
: Wolverhampton
: WV9 1AS

: HMRC
: PAYE
: BX9 1AS

: If you want assistance in drafting a latter to the various departments please ask.

: TT
: TT

Well done Tony, excellent advice, which all should take a note of.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]