[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: CALLING ALL THOSE WHO WERE AT JIB SHORNCLIFFE

Posted by Smudger on Mon, Jan 30 2017 at 03:38 PM CST:

In Reply to: CALLING ALL THOSE WHO WERE AT JIB SHORNCLIFFE posted by Tony T on Tue, Jan 24 2017 at 11:18 AM CST:

: ıAlasdair Gouldenı to 3 Queens Veterans
: Yesterday at 16:07 ·

: CALLING ALL THOSE WHO WERE AT JIB SHORNCLIFFE
: I have been asked to forward on the following message:
: JIB Shorncliffe Reunion
: JIB Sir John Moore Barracks Shorncliffe Kent opened in September 1967
: Dear ex Junior Soldier from JIB
: I have been asked by three veterans from the DWR, to see if there is an appetite for a reunion this September 2017. 50 years ago the camp opened its gates to 1000, 15 year olds. The gathering would be for anyone that started out in JIB. All three of the DWR lads started their army careers off as junior solders in Sir John Moore Barracks. I did myself.
: I have had permission to host some kind of reunion from the Commanding officer 2RGR who are in the camp and presently in Afghanistan.
: No work has taken place for this event as it would only go ahead if there was sufficient interest.
: I am very aware of a successful association in existence that represents all past junior soldiers from all the old junior camps.
: I am asking the C2 infantry in Warminster to kindly pass this to all RHQs and AHQs representing the infantry regiments, past and present, and for him to kindly push on to the regimental associations, belonging to regiments, that they have contact with this should in theory, hit the right spot. When and if you get this please think of others you have contact with and get back to me if you are interested.
: My contacts are E: yorksahqrichmond@btconnect.com T 01748822133
: I work for the Yorkshire Regiment in an office, in the Green Howard Museum Richmond.
: We could be looking at a really big response or nothing at all, big things can come from small ideas over a pint in a pub, lets see.
: Major (Retired ) Ralph MM

: TTpp
I bedlieve Brian Fox was one of the 1st CSMs there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]