[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Flash Graham

Posted by on Mon, Jan 23 2017 at 07:21 AM CST:

In Reply to: Flash Graham posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Sat, Jan 21 2017 at 04:48 PM CST:

: The most wonderful experience with Flash was when he was one of my Section Commanders, with Bruno, and had just come back from a Skill-at-Arms course at Warminster and was the expert on the new GPMG, which you will recall in Aden, we were not meant to fire on automatic - single rounds only - easy with an LMG! We only had one GPMG in C Coy and it belonged to Flash. One night up in Mukheiras, the opposition opened up, I think from the Ashcan feature, and the Coy Comd said "Where did that come from?" Without waiting, Flash said, "Watch my tracer" and expended a full belt of 250 rounds. It was marvellous and everyone in the Command Post just roared with laughter - only Flash could get away with it!

I to remember some great times in Ccoy with Colol Arnold, Mick Gill,and flash Graham I joined them in Lydd,in Lemgo for 3 years and Major Hyde had me posted to the officers mess, which i was not happy about as I felt that was not being a soldier,then regioned Ccoy in Ballykinlar,but some great times in Lemgo,when 2i/c Capt Mackenzie took on a night excersise to Sennerlager must have been -6 and Sam Harvey lost his big toe with frost bite, still some great memories in the COY CLUBS,thanks to all the guys i served with. Cheers Mac

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]