[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Phil (Flash) Mead

Posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Fri, Jan 20 2017 at 04:09 PM CST:

In Reply to: Re: Phil (Flash) Mead posted by Smudger on Fri, Jan 20 2017 at 03:17 PM CST:

: : Obviously you don't remember 'Flash' Graham - Flash by name Flash by nature - Whilst in North Africa he put on a demo of assailing down a hill - he had 6 men holding the rope at the top - & because a lot of the rope was lying on the bottom of the hill he detailed 2 men to pull the rope away so he could have a smooth descent down the rope away from the face of the hill. He told the men at the bottom of the rope to let go when he nodded his head to let the rope go - Flash got hold of the rope to descend nodded his head two men let go of the rope & so did the 6 men at the top ......Flash landed on his back on a large large rock - we all thought he killed himself lying sprawled on this rock - Major McIntosh Coy Comd was ashen face - suddenly Flash got up & shouted obscenities ot the men at the top 'I wasn't talking to you lot' Everybody roared with laughter - Flash by name Flash by nature
: RIP Flash thanks for many pleasant memories
: :
I have so many wonderful memories of Flash - he was my acting Platoon Sergeant for a bit in Lemgo and on one large exercise he 'acquired' a whole urn of milk and seemingly more eggs than chickens could lay. We lived on scrambled eggs for days, as Bob Bumstead will recall, but we did get a bit bound up. He also took as kayaking in Frankfurt, and the whole town would turn out to watch the crazy Englanders practising to turn the thing back up the right way - such happy days and he was taken too soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]