[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY

Posted by Tony T on Fri, Jan 20 2017 at 07:18 AM CST:

SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY

A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
On 31 December 1966, 50 years ago today, our Regiment was formed. I have sent a message of loyal greetings to the Queen’s Regiment’s Allied Colonel-in- Chief, HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, on behalf of us all.
2016 has been a memorable year with perhaps the most significant event the creation and dedication of the Queen’s Regiment Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in May. Additionally, we were all saddened by the deaths of General Mike Reynolds, last Colonel of the Regiment and first President of the Association, Colonel Toby Sewell, the last of the founding Commanding Officers of the Queen’s Regiment’s battalions and WOI (RSM) Jack Chaffer, along with many others who died during the year.
I am delighted to record the sustained vitality of the Queen’s Regimental Association, the listed membership of which has increased by nearly 900 in the last few years. Branches are congratulated on continuing to foster the spirit of comradeship and local representation, for their magnificent fundraising efforts and for maintaining an ever watchful eye on those in need of regimental benevolence.
Looking forward, there could be no more appropriate initiative to mark our 50 years than the recently launched appeal for artefacts and documents to revitalise the Museum at Dover Castle as a fitting representation of both The Queen’s and Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiments. I urge you all to contribute anything that you may have which may be of interest in order to ensure that our 25 years as England’s senior infantry regiment are duly preserved in a way that truly informs and speaks to all who visit the Museum.
Finally, I take this opportunity as President and Chairman of the Regimental Association to wish all Queensmen and all within the regimental family a Very Happy New Year and the best of good fortune on our 50th Anniversary. To paraphrase General Reynolds in the Foreword of Soldiers of the Queen:
‘I commend the Queen’s Regiment to all who take a justifiable pride in the British Army.’
Colonel AAA Beattie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]