[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Is Just another can of Worms

Posted by Bob B on Sun, Dec 11 2016 at 02:36 AM CST:

In Reply to: Re: Is Just another can of Worms posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Sat, Dec 03 2016 at 04:34 PM CST:

: : A great deal is now out in the open of young footballers’ being sexual abused. The whole show I believe is a large can of worms waiting to burst open and expose those who are alleged to have been the abuser of young men. A very dear friend of mine on his death bed said how he had been abused at 17 ½ when we were stationed in Shorncliffe. I know who that abuser is.

: : To know as I do, how my dear friend suffered throughout his adult life and never telling anyone, until he lay on his death bed, he was in tears and he wanted to share this burden. I made a promise and I will keep that promise. It broke me and has made me very angry.

: : TT

: Well said Tony, it is the most ghastly and horrifying experience that you could ever wish on your fellow man. Because of our very close comradeship and friendship as soldiers, we hear more about the problems that our fellows have suffered, but who really listens?
Quite often a good listener is better than a good talker.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]