[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Times rememered

Posted by on Sun, Dec 04 2016 at 09:14 AM CST:

In Reply to: Times rememered posted by John Catt on Sat, Dec 03 2016 at 02:37 PM CST:

: 59 years ago to this day(3 Dec)I accompanied by Dave Thorn were on a steam train travelling to Plymouth Crown Hill Barracks to join the Infantry Junior Leaders Bn.
: my first day was quite eventful. I was threatened by this huge geordie lad, who wanted the bed space I was occupying. When I said it was mine as I was here first, back came the answer what are you going to do about it. With my dads advice of dont be bullied in my head. I hit this geordie as hard as I could. He went over a bed got up and muttered about keep the bedspace. I never had any trouble during the next 2 years at

IJLB. But I have never been so scared in my life.

Talking of times remembered. Round about now 50 years ago a coach left Lemgo to go to Dortmund. Rangers were in Europe and we went to watch them. Anyone out there on that coach. The main reason I remember it is I was about to go on leave to get married.
Anita and I celebrate our golden wedding on 17 th.
Whatever I did or achieved as a soldier nothing can compare with a golden wedding.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]