[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Lewes Dinner 2017

Posted by Colonel R.M. Arnold on Sat, Nov 19 2016 at 08:52 AM CST:

Next year's dinner is on Saturday 8th September. Just received this marvellous e-mail from Mario in Australia:

I shall be at Lewes for the Royal Sussex reunion from the 8th Sept to the 11th Sept 2017, accompanied by my wife Lillian.

Next year we are going on holidays flying from Brisbane to the Balkans starting with a coach tour from Vilnius to Helsinki. From Helsinki we will take a train to St. Petersburg where we shall board a ship which will take us as far as Moscow (if Putin behaves himself !!!). This is a 20 day trip which we are looking forward to, as it was cancelled on us once before.
From Moscow we shall fly to London on the 8th Sept. and make our way to the White Hart in Lewes, ready for the reunion on Saturday. I hope to be able to meet as many personnel as possible during my three day stay.

We will be flying out of Gatwick on the 11th Sept. to Malta for 4 weeks, staying at Lillianís sisterís unit in Pembroke (appx on the 1000 yds. rifle range site). We will depart Malta for Australia on the 12 October. We will also be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary on the 8th Oct. with our families before returning home.
We are really looking forward to this and hope to God that He keeps us healthy to do all this.

Regards to you and all your families from downunder.

Mario.

FORWARD THE 35TH OF FOOT.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]