Minutes of the Meeting of Framfield Parish Council held at the Village Hall, Blackboys, on Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 8 pm
also ACTING AS TRUSTEES TO THE FRAMFIELD MEMORIAL HALL AND, RECREATION GROUND TRUST. CHARITY REGISTRATION NO: 305228
Present Jeff Goggin (Chairman) Peter Friend Selina Allen (Vice Chairman) Noel Mansley Keith Brandon Rob Newton
In attendance Ann Newton - Clerk Members of the Public 20 Members of the Press none.
Member of the public present were invited to address the Council for fifteen minutes prior to the commencement of the meeting.
The Parish Council were requested to give consideration to replacing some of the memorial trees with some of the funds if the mast is agreed.
The recreation ground is not for sale and to accept the proposals would be to betray the people who gifted the land. The money is not required.
Better mobile coverage is required but the potential health issues associated with masts have to be taken into account. What other sites have been explored? The Clerk detailed the sites which were listed on the Shared Access information.
The leaflet produced and distributed by residents was disgusting.
Has planning permission been obtained? The Clerk stated that it had not, but would be sought if the Council accepts the mast, but this will only be a PD (Permitted Development) application.
Can Shared Access appeal a rejection? No.
A mast was turned down many years ago in Blackboys this should be turned down for the same reasons.
1. Apologies for Absence Councillor Maria Naylor.
2. Declarations of Interest Councillors to give notice of declarations of personal, prejudicial and pecuniary interests in respect of items on the agenda. Rob Newton declared a prejudicial pecuniary interest in the items under the Finance section of the agenda relating to the Clerk, the Clerk being his wife.
3. Minutes of the Last Meeting for Approval It was agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 28 June 2016 having been circulated, be approved, adopted and signed as a correct record. (PF/JG).
4. To resolve to make a decision on whether Shared Access Ltd are permitted to erect a telecommunications mast on Framfield recreation ground.
Each Councillor voiced their views on the proposals all were in favour. The resolution detailed below was agreed as proposed by Noel Mansley, seconded by Keith Brandon and agreed unanimously.
The Parish Council acting as Trustees to the Framfield Trust resolved to approve the lease of land for the installation of a telecommunications mast on Framfield recreation ground by Shared Access Ltd subject to: 1. Agreement from the Parish Council solicitors that the installation of a telecommunications mast on Trust land is permissible within the title documents of the Trust; 2. Agreement from the Parish Council solicitors to the contents of the legal agreement with Shared Access Ltd; 3. Payment of all the aforementioned legal fees by Shared Access Ltd; 4. Payment to the Parish Council of £40,000 from Shared Access Ltd on completion of the lease. 5. Shared Access Ltd obtaining the required planning consent. Note: consideration will be given by the Parish Council to replacing some of the memorial trees.
5. Date of Next Meeting Tuesday, 27 September 2016 at the Village Hall, Blackboys, commencing at 7.30 pm.
The meeting closed at 8.45 pm.
Chairman........................................................ Date .
NEXT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Tuesday, 27 September 2016, at the Village Hall, Blackboys. commencing at 7.30 pm.
Post a Followup