[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Facts and Figures

Posted by on Mon, Aug 22 2016 at 01:12 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Facts and Figures posted by Tony T on Sun, Aug 21 2016 at 04:52 PM CDT:

: There is this charity set up in 1921 with the one aim of helping ex-servicemen and women. Last year it raised the magnificent sum of: £46,662.000. Its wages bill was a hefty £37,811,000. Its chief executive is on a salary £150,000 and £160,000 which is more then Prime Minster. In 2012 it spent £9 million on the biggest constructing in its history. God knows how much they spent on the spanking new head office,
: Who could this charity be: itís the Royal British Legion.

Toni do you not think that it would be a good idea if we started a petition where we somehow informed the powers to be at the Legion that we are supposed to be the people who get the money from the charity which is what it was started for. When I say us I mean the hundreds of soldiers that are living rough in the streets of out towns. I would say that instead of a new office a large building is built to accommodate these ex servicemen with special trained personnel who can help these servicemen to get on their feet again. The large amount of staff that are employes at ridiculous wages should be got rid of and with their money help the servicemen for whom the Legion was set up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]