[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: WO2 Eddie Lawrence

Posted by Joe A on Wed, Jul 27 2016 at 03:38 AM CDT:

In Reply to: WO2 Eddie Lawrence posted by JB on Mon, Jul 25 2016 at 12:44 PM CDT:

: Eddie L was indeed the SPSI of C Coy 5Qns at St Leonards Cinque Ports Way. He took over from John Butler in late iirc 76. I was Y listed and filled as QPSI. It was a wonderful posting, as far away from the madding crowd as one could possible get.
: The soldiers were in the main very keen and loyal most possessed many skills useful to the PSIs. From Big John Ridd an excellent electrical engineer, CPL Turner a loony lorry driver by day and an excellent cook by night, Maj Argent who was always good for legal and financial advice. CPL Wells who was a taxation wizard, oh the list just go on, I had two TA Sgts who were builders by day and always sailed so close to wind!
: I was short toured there once my fitness was back. But I did enjoy the posting so much that When I was once again downgraded and Y listed, I managed to get back to Hastings as the SPSI and enjoyed two years there.
: Loved the location, people and the way of life.. If you get Y listed then there is, in my book, nowhere better to suffer the damage that Y listing can do to you.

Hi John your message provoked memories for me of Eddie. He was one of the best platoon Sgts. I served with and we always enjoyed the banter with him. I remember in Norway I capsized the canoe, the water was so cold that I could hardly feel the lower part of my body Eddie made me run all the way to the camp to keep my circulation going! After a hot shower soon got back to normal again. He always used to call me baby face Armeni and my mate scarface Barden. I would have really enjoyed meeting up with him again before he passed away. God bless him wherever he is. All the best to you and your family. Joe.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]