[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

WO2 Eddie Lawrence

Posted by JB on Mon, Jul 25 2016 at 12:44 PM CDT:

In Reply to: TA CSM posted by TA on Sat, Jul 23 2016 at 04:25 AM CDT:

Eddie L was indeed the SPSI of C Coy 5Qns at St Leonards Cinque Ports Way. He took over from John Butler in late iirc 76. I was Y listed and filled as QPSI. It was a wonderful posting, as far away from the madding crowd as one could possible get.
The soldiers were in the main very keen and loyal most possessed many skills useful to the PSIs. From Big John Ridd an excellent electrical engineer, CPL Turner a loony lorry driver by day and an excellent cook by night, Maj Argent who was always good for legal and financial advice. CPL Wells who was a taxation wizard, oh the list just go on, I had two TA Sgts who were builders by day and always sailed so close to wind!
I was short toured there once my fitness was back. But I did enjoy the posting so much that When I was once again downgraded and Y listed, I managed to get back to Hastings as the SPSI and enjoyed two years there.
Loved the location, people and the way of life.. If you get Y listed then there is, in my book, nowhere better to suffer the damage that Y listing can do to you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]