[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Mister 8 Harry Palmer poster contest

Posted by KS on November 14, 2009 at 05:57:22:

Just to remind you:
(see link)

Harry Palmer Contest reminder

We’re closing in on that contest due date of Dec. 12, and I wanted to remind you all to keep working on your entries. By way of inspiring you, here’s a peek at the current leader of the pack:
Horse Under Water poster

Horse Under Water poster

THE DETAILS:

Here’s the challenge: Give us a glimpse of what an adaptation of Horse Under Water might look like. Show us a movie poster, a scripted scene, a theme song, an animation, a trailer, a level from a video game, a comic, a selection from a radio play, etc. etc. We’re not too particular. Just get it to us by midnight EST on Dec. 12th by emailing your submission (or a link to your submission) to mister8 (at) mister8.com! Improve your odds with multiple entries!

This contest is open to anyone in the world, except for yours truly. I’ll be doing solo judging on this one, in case any COBRAS or friends of the site want to enter. I promise to be fair and impartial!

GRAND PRIZE:
Len Deighton Autograph

Len Deighton Autograph

Above is a rarish sort of item, a Trivial Pursuit Baby Boomer Edition card with the question “Whose spy novels included An Expensive Place to Die and Billion Dollar Brain?” The answer, of course, is Len Deighton, whose autograph is scrawled on the back of the card (the tape is on the plastic card holder, not on the card itself). I recently purchased this from an autograph dealer who wrote: “This would have been forwarded through his publishing house back in the ’90’s and was returned from his residence in Ireland. He has since moved and since arriving in the United States has been to my knowledge next to impossible to obtain.”

OTHER PRIZES:

I’m still working on putting these together, but will likely be a mix of new and used copies of Len’s novels!

THE FINE PRINT:

By submitting an entry, you agree to allow us to display, discuss, and make available for download your material. Shipping will be on me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]