[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Don Fellows

Posted by on January 05, 2007 at 18:00:31:

In Reply to: Re: Don Fellows posted by Michael Martin on January 05, 2007 at 17:50:43:

: :
: : I just had to check this Don Fellows story so I watched the 1980 (only 4 years apart from Spy Story) episode of the Sandbaggers. To put it mildly: the 4 years between 1976 and 1980 haven't been the best for his appearance. If I have the right person in the TV series, then he became fully grey, lost a lot of hair, got lots of wrinkles and all that in 4 years.
: : So, this is getting a little mysterious...

Sorry about the previous post.

Here is what I found out from Nigel Plaskitt who was a member of the cast of Spy Story:

Hi Mike
This film was supposed to be a successor to the Harry Palmer films. Perhaps it was because Len Deighton adapted his own book that made it so confusing. In fact Nicholas Parsons and I had to go back after the movie was finished and do a scene on the banks of the Thames opposite the Houses of Parliament explaining the plot!
Yes you are right. Armstrong was played by an actor called Michael Petrovitch and I think Don did play the Colonel.
On the Imdb the only one credited correctly is me - can't remember character names of the others though if I can find my script - which I do have somewhere - I'll update the IMDB and let you know.
Can't help with a copy of the film I'm afraid.
Not sure but I think Alex Shonteff may be Lindsay's wife.
Hope this is of help.
Best wishes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]