[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Funeral in Berlin locations added, any other clues?

Posted by dick schall on July 14, 2006 at 16:23:15:

In Reply to: Re: Funeral in Berlin locations added, any other clues? posted by Kees Stam on July 10, 2006 at 04:27:19:

: Hi Dick,

: Thanks for your email as well! I'll reply to that one later.
: I think it can't be the Glienicker Bridge because they would not have gotten permission to film there (and the shapes of the bridges are not similar...) So it must have been a bridge in West Berlin where they could film. I haven't been able to find this bridge and there's always the chance that it has been been removed already (although it is surprising how much is still there in this now rapidly changing city). One reader suggested that this bridge is in Kreuzberg, because the river Spree is wide enough there for this scene.

: Now about that policestation, I thought with that bombastic interior it must be easy to find but so far no success (I even visited a couple of policestations-yes I do have a life). The sign says West Charlottenburg but there were a lot of policestations there and of course they could have used another location. I would have never thought of Tempelhof again. I might go to Berlin this fall, I hope I can check!

: KS

: : :kees- the bridge would be the Glienicker brucke used in all the famous spy swaps. It spans the Havel river from the southwest corner of Berlin to Potsdam. Konig str. in Berlin if I remember right.
: : : As you might have seen I have found some more filmlocations of Funeral in Berlin.

: : : I am still looking for the bridge where the coffin is handed over and the policestation where Harry asks for his favourite burglar etc.

: : : Maybe someone from Berlin reads this and can help me out?

oops--fell right into that trap. Now, I'll have to find that bridge. Also, the last time I was in Berlin (2001), Tempelhof was the main police station (left side), and one couldn't get in. Not in 1965, though, left side was USAF and right was civilian.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]