[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: 'The Truth About Len Deighton', BBC 4

Posted by Kees Stam on February 06, 2006 at 16:47:50:

In Reply to: 'The Truth About Len Deighton', BBC 4 posted by Silhouette on February 06, 2006 at 03:58:15:

I am afraid I can't receive BBC 4 so I missed the documentary. Can you order/buy these at the BBC?
I have never seen the 'mirror footage' at the wall so this documentary has now officially become a must for my collection...
Do you have a copy or do you have a clue where to get one?
Thanks a great lot in advance!!
Regards, Kees

: Well, did anybody on this board see 'The Truth About Len Deighton' when it was broadcast on BBC 4 in January. I did and it was a very good interview with contributions from others who know him such as Michael Caine, Sir Max Hastings and Peter Evans. There were reruns of Billion Dollar Brain and The Ipcress File on the same night.

: Did you get to see a recorded copy of the documentary Kees? (I saw your image of Len showing Michael how to cook!) There was also, rather interestingly as far as this site is concerned some archive footage of the Russian army in Berlin shining mirrors into the cameras to distrupt shooting on 'Funeral in Berlin'. This fact can be found on the trivia page on this site. It was great to see the actual footage. There were a few clips from the Palmer films on the documentary.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]