[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Ipcress File - special edition- your comments?

Posted by on January 29, 2006 at 22:24:08:

In Reply to: Re: Ipcress File - special edition- your comments? posted by Mike Martin on January 28, 2006 at 17:56:36:

:Kees,

I looked at all the specials on the 2nd disk and they were very interesting. There is a long interview with M. C. done back when he was much younger. I think this was a TV special. This gives an excellent bio of him. It is quite ling. The recently done interview is also very good but much shorter. It is interesting to compare and interesting to compare M. C.'s view on Ipcress File when compared to the Furie and Hunt commentary. Slide show is good with many and varied pictures. The skit is good too.

I did not notice the CD (3rd disk) at first but had a chance to listen to it also. It is more than just the music from the film. There is dialog prior to each musical selection to lead into the music. Different to say the least. I am not sure I like this. I will need to listen to it some more.

I started reading the book but it is somewhat difficult for me being a Yank and catching on to the British flavor of the times. It has been over 40 years since it was written.

And the poster is nice too. An Ipcress File theater poster is on both sides.

As I stated in my earlier email I highly recommend the Ipcress File Special Edition.

Mike
:Kees,

: It has been so long since I saw Ipcress File it was like watching it for the first time. This version was very well done. Clear picture with sound and action in sync. I had forgotten how creative the director was in his camera angles. He talks about this a lot in the commentary version. Very enjoyable!

: I almost got through the version with commentary which was fine. At times sound and action of the movie were not in sync but it was not a big deal because I was more atuned to the commentary than the dialog. This feature was fine.

: I did not view anything on the second DVD so at this time I cannot comment on it.

: I highly recommend getting Ipcress File Special Edition.

: Mike Martin

: : Thanks Mike, let me know what you think of the special edition, By the way a regionfree dvdplayer has become a must for the real filmfan. Sometimes the US version has a lot more extra's and sometimes the European or Australian version. Shop around!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]