[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Your comments on the Ipcress Special (Network) edition !! (and read discount offer)

Posted by Kees Stam on January 25, 2006 at 08:54:08:

I have just bought the special edition and it is a great piece of work. Great print and great extra's. I hope they will do this for the other movies/films as well. Buy it.

My first impression after a very quick look:

*Candid Caine, an old interview/documentary is absolutely great. A must-see for all Caine fans, not a lot op Palmer in there, but a very nice old programme with some brilliant scenes.

*The still gallery (lasting more than 13 minutes) contains some very rare stills I had never seen before. The very first good still gallery on a Palmerdvd, worth the purchase alone.

*Interview with Michael Caine, very nice to see him (with little beard)talk about Ipcress and a little bit about FiB and B$B but hardcore fans will not get a lot of new information or anecdotes. Most of the stuff you could have read in his biographies or other Caine books. I would have had some more questions (if only they called me)! But a nice addition.

*Ken Adam (short interview) has some interesting stuff about arguing with Harry Saltzman over the art-direction.

*Radiospots aren't new to you if you have visited my site before but nice anyway.

*Very rare: they included the scenes where the credits are shown, without the credits, interesting!

*Furie/Hunt comment, very interesting but most fans will have heard it on the Anchor Bay (reg 1)release.

*Comedypiece very funny, especially because it made especially for the dvd.

*little poster features original and Italian style poster

* Booklet in dvdcase: haven't had the time to read it... Looks nice.

*soundtrack: the UK release with the soundbites.

Let me know your opinion!
Kees Stam

PS For everyone who is doubting to buy the thing:
Buy the special edition, it is a super release, worth the money!

PPS when you order at www.play.com you can use these discountcodes (1 extra Pound off the 25% discount)

Special Edition: enter Discount Code: YJTJXXGLFY

Standard Edition: enter Discountcode: SBYMJPPBTT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]