[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

NFT report...

Posted by KS on January 25, 2006 at 08:20:28:

In Reply to: Re: Saw Billion Dollar Brain posted by Gaz on January 24, 2006 at 05:47:38:

-Hi Gaz, don't be scared, we were in the same room (FiB)!-

I was for work in London and I managed to squeeze in all HP-films in between business talks and I must say it was heaven for the real fan. The NFT deserves a compliment for showing all Palmermovies on the big screen again.

First thing: these showings clearly proved that, no matter how big your screen at home is, dvd can and will NEVER compete with the real thing in a cinema. It was so much fun to hear the audience laughing at the subtle humour and seeing some of the brilliant camerawork on the big screen. This was how it was all meant (yes I am still emotional :-) )
Some scenes (and I have seen them a lot) got a whole new meaning for me. You could see more little nuances in the acting and a lot of little details (like texts on the wall) in the background I had never noticed.

Ipcress (NFT 1)on the bog screen was like watching the film for the first time. The film seemed slower but every scene of the film on the big screen is so much more intense than seeing it at home. Backgroundnoises can be heard much better, I saw details I had never seen before. Picture was not always sharp (the raid on the warehouse), sound with quite a heavy bass but nevertheless a great print and if you get the chance (last day 26 Jan) GO and see it in the NFT.

Billion Dollar Brain (NFT2, you were right Gaz) was very special too, a very old, battered print, with scratches, little parts of scenes were missing ( a final STRONG!!! by Midwinter became STR. and when Harry and the two cowboys catch up with Leo and Anya) but the colour and sound were great and actually, this all added to the experience.

Funeral in Berlin (NFT2) was a great print. Great colour (the dvd is a little darker I think), great sound, and to hear the audience laugh out loud at the humour in the film was a great extra. A lot of scenes (like final scenes near the wall where Hallam gets killed etc.) were a lot more intense. You are right about the tension in the film, stiil this is one of my favourites.

I wouldn't have thought so many people wanted to see the movies, all these showings I attended it was quite busy too, I was really surprised as well. I noticed this month the number of hits on this site has doubled, I think I'll have to thank the NFT (and Network for initiating the Ipcress release).

To conclude: after seeing the films on the big screens I find them even better than before!
I hope this event will repeated. For other fans in the UK: SEE Ipcress in the NFT while you got the chance. Unfortunately Funeral and Billion got only three showings each.

Now gaz, did you spot me? ;-)

Kees

PS Loss of cultpoints have been put behind your name in my book: First warning!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]