[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

My GCC has started to attack my girlfriend.

Posted by Aaron on March 08, 2012 at 22:14:47:

So, I'm slowly coming to my wit's end.

My girlfriend bought our green cheek, Robo, almost two years ago. He's almost three years old. For the first year and a half, he stayed with my girlfriend and was nothing but sweet to both of us. When me and my girlfriend moved in together our new apartment wouldn't allow us to keep Robo so we had him stay with my parents for seven months. We still visited him on a regular basis and he got along with my parents just fine.

Now, seven months later, we've moved in to a new apartment and have brought Robo back to live with us. He stays in the living room where I spend most of my time and we get along perfectly fine. He's a tad bit nippy from time to time with me, but never to a ridiculous point. My girlfriend, however, he has started to literally attack.

Whenever my girlfriend is on the couch, Robo will fly over to her and land on her lap. For the first ten minutes or so, he'll sit and let her pet him and act absolutely adorable. Then suddenly, out of the blue, he'll snap. So far, he's attacked her hand and left a rather impressive indent, charged at her face on a few occasions, and bit her lower lip hard enough twice to draw blood. It's definitely not playful and he definitely seems to be in attack mode when he does it.

What can we do?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]