[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Biting Green Cheek

Posted by on January 06, 2012 at 15:50:29:

In Reply to: Re: Biting Green Cheek posted by Martha on January 05, 2012 at 12:34:56:

: : : I agree on using positive reinforcement when he is good. Keegan's terribly twos lasted until he was about 3 or 3 1/2. He never bit us regularly, but he could not stand guests and there were certain triggers (hats, being in the mudroom) that often led to biting. We learned to read his pre-biting body language carefully and would say "calm, calm, good boy" over and over in a soothing manner. We also tell him when he's being a good boy regularly, so he can recognize good behavior. He learned to respond very well to that, and will now tell us when he's being a good boy.

: : : Now we only get bit when he's playing a bit too roughly. But I've noticed he's even starting to self-regulate more with that. It just takes time.

: : I'm really trying. He searches for my fingers to attack. I can't seem to stop him. I'll keep trying. I am trying to be gentle with him when he bites. Trying to not pay attention. I hope he quits. I'm allergic and when he bites I get itchy.

Just not working :( He's worse.
Maybe he needs a home with a man, or other birds ? I'm so tore up by his bites.
I know he loves me, big time. So, I don't understand...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]