[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: biteing conure

Posted by Deborah on December 05, 2011 at 12:23:22:

In Reply to: Re: biteing conure posted by Terri on December 04, 2011 at 22:53:22:

Food size is a preference thing, and it's probably not a bad idea to mix it up. Scooter mostly prefers very small pieces and I tend to chop it a certain way every day out of habit, but when I'm not lazy I'll make a kebob (you can buy stainless steel ones for parrots that don't have sharp ends) and let him pick at the pieces.

He also prefers budgie-sized seed mixes. Although I put dry pasta in my seed and pellet mix and I've seen him pick those up with his foot like a "big parrot". But some GCC like large foods better I hear. You might want to start a separate thread.

I'm very vocal here because I see things not getting answered, but I'm not really an expert. I've had birds for two years now and had prior experience with my MILs Amazon, and I've read extensively on the subject and am a member of both national aviculture groups. I'm a scientist by profession so I tend to study things, but please don't take my word as super authoritative. End of disclaimer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]