[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: A different bug problem ?

Posted by on November 14, 2011 at 15:35:02:

In Reply to: Re: A different bug problem ? posted by Terri on November 13, 2011 at 16:59:59:

: : That's normal, you're his flock. It's natural for him to feel safer when his flock is around and for him to call for you to be sure you are still there. If it is suddenly worse now, it could be that there's something new in the room (or that he can see out the window) that is scaring him. Look around, see if there is anything in particular that seems to be bothering him. If possible, move his cage a bit or cover a corner of his cage with a towel or place something non-scary, like a houseplant, between him and what is scaring him.

: : Also, while it's fine to comfort him a little when he's truly scared, you don't want him to learn to scream to get attention. If he learns that screaming gets you to come and pick him up, he will scream more. If he looks like he's likely to scream, pick him up and give him a little attention before he does scream. If he's already screaming and he seems to be ok (just screaming for attention) then try to ignore it until he stops screaming, even if it's just for a few seconds. Gradually wait until he's quiet for a longer time before you give him attention. BUT he should still be allowed some way to request attention. Fuss over him a little when he does something more acceptable than screaming, like talking or doing a trick or throwing a toy around.

: Hi, Still have the bugs.... :(
: Nothing is working. Are they weevils ??
: I just scrubbed his cage, lot's of black bugs in the tub still moving...
: I see red dots in the water ??
: I don't see red bugs on him. They migt not be bugs ??
: I'm taking him to the vet as soon as I can, I hope tomorrow.
: Is $ 50 about right for an exam ??
: It's a bit much for me, but I'll get the money.
: I'm itching....
: Thanks, Terri

Took Zoey to the vet, Ark veterinary clinic in Shelby township. He weighs 2.2 ounces. Cute.
No bugs, looks healthy. His skin is fine. Heart sounds good. So, they are weevils in the cage. Just have to keep cleaning until the problem is solved.
Zoey can still sit with me and watch TV :) No bugs on him.
Cost us $50 for the exam, $11 to get his nails clipped.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]