[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I love Sheldon!!!! :) nm

Posted by sublime on Tue, May 01 2012 at 04:06 PM CDT:

In Reply to: I really don't watch much, but I do like Big Bang since my son is Sheldon! (sm) posted by backwoods mama on Tue, May 01 2012 at 03:47 PM CDT:

: It makes me laugh, his little quirks. I know this will sound corny, but I think the show has actually made my husband more sympathetic to my son with Asperger's. My husband has always acted like it's just some made-up, new-fangled term that doesn't really mean anything and that my son would act differently "if he really wanted to." I can see that to a point, but my son's quirks are just him and that is likely how he will always be.

: So when that show started I said, Hey I bet that Sheldon character has Aspergers. I didn't see any real 'proof' of that online other than comments that people believe that's how he's acting too, but now when my son does his odd stuff (like always exiting out of the same entrance when we go to a store, or insisting on sitting in the same seat every day, or his obsession with what chemicals are in any given food item), he will smirk and realize it's just him being him and not him being a brat.

: Anyway, soft spot in my heart for Sheldon. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]