[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Yep. You're right. She told me wrong. Thanks!

Posted by roommate on Tue, Apr 17 2012 at 05:22 PM CDT:

In Reply to: She probably misread Metamucil for MiraLax. posted by She will be getting sent home to do it again, I bet. on Tue, Apr 17 2012 at 09:27 AM CDT:

: : : I prepped the day before my prep day by taking one dulcolax and eating light. Then the day of prep, I took two dulcolax and I started the drink at 3pm. In my doc's instructions, it said it was okay to do it every 15-20 mins and you'd be surprised how quickly that time comes around again. I started having results within the hour. And within two hours, the diarrhea was clear (actually yellow with no flecks or trace of brown).

: : : I was only able to complete 3 of the 4 liters! I did fine through most of it, but then I hit a wall and just could not drink any more without the thought of vomiting. So I gave up and switched to ginger ale and water till midnight.

: : : Here are some things to consider that might help you. Make sure it is very cold and chug, don't sip. Try it in a glass and next time in a water bottle to see what works better for you to get it down quick. The bottles worked better for me so I premeasured and lined them up in the fridge. Try a straw to taste it less (didn't work for me because I cannot tolerate it towards the back of my tongue, but others say it helped). Be sure to have some quartered limes handy in the fridge because sucking on that before and after the drink really helped me. Have some hard lemon candy to suck on or mint gum in between drinks.

: : : I ended up having an excellent prep despite not being able to finish the whole drink so I was relieved. So just drink as much as you possibly can and as long as your stool is "clear" and you keep up with fluids until midnight, don't stress too much. The goal is to not only get it down, BUT KEEP IT DOWN! Don't be surprised if you get behind schedule if you attempt the "every ten minutes" schedule.

: : : If you start YOURS at 6pm, I think it depends on how it goes for you. With any luck, you can stay on schedule and it won't bother you too much. I believe 4 liters converts to about 16 glasses so technically that is about four hours give or take. Good luck to you!

: : : Once you get past all that, the rest is a breeze. I was completely out and didn't wake until I was in the recovery room.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]