[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

The fact that your dad passed intestate means your brother

Posted by more than likely will keep the property. Is it even big enough to fight over? nm on Mon, Jun 09 2014 at 11:52 AM CDT:

In Reply to: I need to consult a lawyer but wondering if anyone here has posted by sm on Mon, Jun 09 2014 at 10:25 AM CDT:

: been through this. My dad just recently passed and he owned outright a piece of land with a mobile home on it. Now, it was in his name and my brother's name. My dad did not have a will. I am wondering if me and my other siblings are entitled to at least half of his property since he did own half of it. It is a long story that I am not going into but my dad did not my brother's name was going to be on his deed but it ended up being on there by no choice of his own. Before he died, he told me that I was entitled to 1/3 of it since there are 3 of us kids total. I told him that wasn't the case since my brother's name is on the deed also. What do you guys think? I will consult an attorney just wondering if anyone has been through this themselves?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]