In Reply to: Re: where is Alice? posted by Haley on March 19, 2008 at 18:28:37:
1. The animation stinks big time. (They can't even decide what color to make Esmeralda's skin, for crying out loud.)
2. Esmeralda lost her feisty personality (and was barely in the movie)
3. Quasimodo acted like a lovesick baby (babbling on and on about Madellaine - he never acted that way when he was in love with Esmeralda)
4. Esmeralda and Phoebus's kid was just plain annoying.
5. The plot is lame with a capital L. (An evil circus master plotting to steal an expensive bell? PLEASE!)
6. Phoebus acted like a dope (the instant he gets his first piece of real evidence he falls for Sarousch's lies - what kind of captain believes the suspect on everything like that? And since WHEN is he prejudiced against circus people??)
7. The hammering in of the moral (Okay, beauty is found on the inside, WE GET IT ALREADY!).
8. The cutesy, childish feel - ages away from the darkness of the original.
9. The songs were just plain cheesy.
10. Madellaine was too giggly and annoying.
Enough reasons for you?
Post a Followup